Circles USA Mission
To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
We believe that responsibility for both poverty and prosperity rests not only in the hands of individuals, but also with societies, institutions, and communities.
Circles engages entire communities in owning the solution to poverty.
· Mobilizing families to achieve economic stability through the long-term and consistent support of peers and volunteers from the community
· Developing the leadership of people moving out of poverty to inform community-wide solutions to addressing poverty
· Addressing the community and program barriers faced by families trying to move out of poverty
1. Communities contact Circles USA to apply for membership Gena@CirclesUSA.org 888-232-9285
2. Circles chapters use a collaborative approach that integrates Circles into the strengths of existing community-based organizations.
3. Circles focuses on all three stages required to achieve economic stability:
4. Local Circles chapters sponsor groups of up to 25 people with low-income (Circle Leaders) who enroll in Circles Leadership Training Class to build financial, emotional, and social resources, as well as an Economic Stability Plan that sets goals unique to their own needs and dreams.
Circle Leaders, are paired with trained middle-to-high-income community volunteers, called Allies, who support their efforts to achieve economic stability.
Each week, Circles groups meet to discuss strategies for attaining prosperity and to provide support to one another. Monthly Big View meetings feature community discussions around systemic barriers to prosperity and strategies to remove them.